Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Nightmares and updates


Good intentions aside I haven’t found the time to post much in the last month or so. Can’t give many of the details  just now but I can tell you I’ve been working on a movie script and that the deadline was almost ludicrously short and, as always happens with these things, all the factors keep shifting and evolving.
But more about that in a later post.

‘Course that isn’t to say I was locked in a room 24/7. I did manage to have something of a life from time to time. Last weekend I went to Winterbrewed in downtown Ottawa. 
What is it about us Canadians that looks at a -30 weekend in mid February and say “We should have an outdoor beer festival”?

I also had a couple photo shoots recently. The first was with the always cool April Rose.

April and I have shot for the Rocket Belles and some Sojourn images. I also turned her into one of my Canada Day cards last year.



Usually if I set up a photo shoot it’s for a specific story or image idea. This time it was a complete free for all where we just had a laugh with as many different looks and styles as we could manage. There were props and multiple outfit changes and, of course, a big ol’ bottle of blood.

Below is the first of the images I’ve played with. Like the shoot it’s self there’s not a lot of per-planning about what I wanted to do, just that I wanted to play about with different techniques and styles I’ve picked up and see what plays out.

The basic idea came from a waking nightmare I had years ago that still freaks me out from time to time. I used some of the basic elements from that nightmare and make them more Anime /cute.

I’ve called it: Nightmare of the Witch Queen.



Hope you like it.

Drop a note to tell me what you think, share it on Twitter, Facebook or wherever else like minded folk might get to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment